Monday, December 6, 2010

Day Uno of Research

When I started this I was like, "What the heck is this picture supposed to be?!" I literally had absolutely no idea. Everyone I asked had the same assumptions that I did; that it was a woman winning something or celebrating some big event back in the day. I knew it was a "back in the day" picture due to the fact that there was a giant, chunky microphone in the background. See, I can be a detective, too! :) Whatever nation this woman was in/from, what was happening, why she seemed happy--the answer eluded me. Thus, my sleuthing skills on the World Wide Web had begun.


During dinner, I showed my dad the picture and asked him if he knew what in the world it was. His response was: "Oh that's easy. That's Evita from Argentina; Don't cry for me, Argentina!" Mom, my older sister, and I were all flabbergasted at his easy response. I will definitely cite him in my paper! My sister and Mom were both on the right track, thinking it had to do with something political, and of a different nation. I thought that as well. Afterwards, I browsed a few websites. After getting the information I needed from Dad, I used keywords like peron/Argentina, July 1952, July 26, First Lady Argentina. It really helped. Tomorrow's plan: consult Mrs. Gilliam, my librarian, and find (hopefully) some books about Eva Duarte de Peron.

No comments:

Post a Comment