Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Third Day of Research

As mentioned previously, my class and I went to the library again. I ended up not looking on the internet so much; by tomorrow, we must have 4 different types of sources. So far, I have 6 sources. 3 of them are websites and 1 was from the information my dad gave me on the photo, which I cited as a personal interview. In order to find the other two different types of sources, I had to do some digging around with Mrs. Gilliam, my librarian. She helped me find some books about Argentina in the 900s Section of the Research area, and showed me a brief article in an encyclopedia. I am incredibly frustrated that I cannot find the "what, when, where, and why" part of the picture. I only know the "who." I need to start writing my paper soon, and I only have 1 week to do so.

One unhelpful source was another book about Argentina; it simply restated the known facts of the first book I found into a vague paragraph. If I could find an entire page or book about Evita, I will be one very happy girl. In the meantime, the plan for tomorrow is to present my sources to Ms. Long, and start a rough draft of my paper. Sadly, I dislike rough drafts. They only slow me down, and if I only have a week to write this, I don't know where it will get me. Onward to the search engines. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment