Tuesday, December 7, 2010

♪ On the Second Day of Research, This is How I Did. . .♫ (To the Tune of 12 Days of Christmas)


Today, my class went to the school library, and will be doing so for the next week. I found a book on Argentina. As I was skimming through the government chapter of the book, I came across the "Peron Rule" heading. Unfortunately, it was mainly about Juan Peron, Maria Eva's husband, the president of Argentina back then. I found a footnote about Eva, but that's it. My plans for tomorrow are to find a source about significant women who had an impact on the world in the mid 20th century, and look through encyclopedias. Hopefully Eva (I may refer to her as Evita) will be in one. . . I felt like today I did just ok in research. I found the one book (every other one was just about the country Argentina), and browsed more websites. I really hope I can snag a great video or old newspaper article about Evita, and not just be limited to a library! I am very proud of my book discovery, as it is I almost always use the Internet as a resource for PAPERS like this. (That "PAPERS" was for you, Ms. Long!) I feel like a super-sleuth now--what clue will I find next?

No comments:

Post a Comment